Saturday, July 7, 2012

Is Barack Obama Evil?

I realize that this is going to be me flamed by a lot of my conservative brethren, but I honestly do not believe that Obama is trying to destroy this country. I have read article after article, by many conservatives, and they constantly state that Obama is simply attempting to forever harm this nation. I refuse to accept it. While I don't agree with virtually anything the president believes, I honestly think he is acting on noble impulses. There is no doubt in my mind that he is doing what he honestly believes to be right. His vision is one of a government which assists more of the "lower-class" Americans. His belief system dictates that the government has got to become more expansive because they are the only agency that is capable of helping more Americans. This is NOT a Jeffersonian impulse. This is a direct evolution from Roosevelt's New Deal and Johnson's Great Society. While I do not agree with all of it, I an convinced that he is doing what his mind and heart tells him is right. So, to all of my conservative brethren, lay off of the arguments that he is out to destroy the country. While I am not pleased with the direction, we have a election where we can possibly right our course. I am almost reminded of the words from author Alan Drury with his classic work Come Nineveh, Come Tyre. In referring to the president that had led America to the brink of a takeover by the Soviet Union, the author wrote: "all had not gone well for the president of the United States. Not from evil intentions, but from good intentions-foolishly applied." Here is the hope that we can correct ourselves in the next election, but if not-we have survived much worse in this country than Barack Hussein Obama.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers