Sunday, July 17, 2011

Transformers and President Obama

I suppose we can write this one off to "art imitating life," but has anyone actually watched the last two "Transformer" movies ("Revenge of the Fallen" and "Dark of the Moon")? In both movies, the Obama administration is portrayed as wanting to surrender Sam and the Autobots to the Decepticons and later ordering the Autobots to leave the planet. Normally, Hollywood tends to be fairly liberal (I'm sure most liberals out there would disagree), so it was unusual to see the Obama administration so portrayed. Of course, I'm not trying to assert and claim that this was a wanton example of "democratic" pacifism. In the end, I'm sure it was my fault, reading too much into a Hollywood movie (don't the critics do that all the time?). I guess we should just be thankful that we still had Optimus Prime to save our backsides. Maybe the republicans should use Optimus in the debt ceiling debate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers